"Homo Deus" Oil Painting Art
"Homo Deus" is an oil painting inspired by the book by Yuval Noah Harari and by Michelangelo's "The Last Judgement" located in the Sistine Chapel. This piece can be interpreted many ways, but one explanation is that we, as humans, are on the trajectory of becoming "gods" in a sense. The rise of AI and other technological advancements has the potential to make us part man, part machine and ultimately, immortal. Done entirely in oils with a tough of gold foil in the center, this dramatic and thought-provoking work of art will spark many intense philosophical debates between friends, strangers and "Alexas."
Fun Fact: This canvas has been painted over a total of 4 times. The original painting was a mountain landscape done in acrylics back in 2009. It was painted over again in 2021 (twice) before it finally became "Homo Deus."
- Oil on canvas
- Size: 36" x 48" x 1.5"
- Wired and ready to hang
- Artist-grade canvas
- Protective coat of varnish
- Painting ships within 5-8 business days
- Shipping is calculated at checkout
- Please visit our Shipping Policy page for more information
- Returns are not accepted due to the increased risk of damaging the art if not packaged properly. If there is an issue with your order, please contact us and we will work with you to come up with a satisfactory solution.